ALKO 654859 Caravan Corner Steady – Drop Down 410-590mm | Secure & Stable
The Alko drop-down Corner Steady with Bigfoot fitted is used to stabilise your caravan or trailer with minimum effort. Its innovative design uses a hexagonal drive on the screw shaft of the corner steady which provides a positive drive. Simply use a hexagonal socket and cordless drill to allow you to quickly and effortlessly raise and lower the corner steady. The Alko drop-down corner steady works by swinging down from the horizontal travel position to a vertical position, along with varying angles in between to suit your requirements. The drop-down corner steady then only requires a small amount of winding to steady your caravan or trailer. With the pre-fitted Alko Big Foot, this drop-down corner steady is suitable for use on soft ground.
- Additional information
Underbody corner steadies with locking pin swing away through 180 so legs fold up in either direction.
- Closed Height: 410mm
- Extended Height: 590mm
- Capacity: 100kg
- Fitted with Pivoting Big Foot.
- Hex-drive wind-down leg.
- An extended winding handle is required 65470
– Genuine AL-KO Part 654859
– Suitable for On-Road Vans as a Corner Support
– Includes AL-KO Bigfoot Support Pad for Extra Stability on Soft Ground
– 590 mm of Adjustable Height with the Leg Fully Extended
– 440 mm Minimum Height when Leg is Dropped Down (Bigfoot Pad Included Per Measurement)
– Leg Will Operated in Various Angles Allowing for Various Height Options
– Stowed Height of Leg is 125 mm
– Mounting Bracket is Included for Chassis Installation.
– Bolt-on Installation for Legs to Mounting Bracket for Quick Changeover (Two Bolt Hole 80 mm Centres – Leg Top Section Measures L 100 mm x W 65 mm)
– All Steel Construction with Zinc Plating for Durability
– 17-mm Standard Hex Wind Nut
– Features Smooth Grip Handle for Comfort
– Comprehensive Range of Genuine Spares Available from AL-KO
Twin Locking Pin
Positive Gear Drive
Easy Grip Pin Release with Smooth Action. NO Laboring to Swing Away!
Steadies are generally a standard item found under your van as you always rely on them to keep your van supported when stationary. With these AL-KO premium ones are normally found on most late model vans as they are packed with many useful features but can be retrofitted to any suitable trailer, I particularly like the attached Bigfoot pad as your van doesn’t seep into the soft ground after you’ve just stepped into it from only just getting it leveled prior.
For longevity, it is important to remember that any corner steadies are just purely supports and not to be used as jacks for levelling your van as this should be done with ramps and your jockey wheel. If these stabilisers are used as “recommended supports” combined with a little bit of TLC by keeping the winding thread greased, they will last you a fair while with many years of steady service.